Help KTF weather the Covid-19 storm
The Covid-19 pandemic is affecting us all and, as a small charity, we will have some challenging times ahead. Fundraising from challenges and our own events was expected to raise over £50,000 this year which is 80% of our forecast income.
We have already seen many sporting events postponed or cancelled and we may well have to cancel our main fundraising events Walk for Kit and KitFest which were both planned for later this year. We have to acknowledge that this will have a significant impact on our income which in turn could impact on our work to prevent newborn baby deaths.
That's why we have launched a Resilience Fund to keep us going during this difficult period and are inviting you to donate if you feel able. Everyone donating will receive a #StayAtHome activity pack (see below).
As you are aware, KTF is run by a small and passionate team and we do not want to stop working to prevent newborn babies dying in the UK.
We are so grateful for all you have done to support Kit Tarka Foundation over the last couple of years which has helped us undertake work and fund research which we know is already saving tiny lives.
Anything you can do now to continue supporting our work to prevent newborn baby deaths today and in the future would be very gratefully received during these uncertain times.
With many thanks from Sarah, James and Team KTF 🧡
#AtHomeWithKTF activity pack
The latest measures mean you will be staying at home for at least the next three weeks and doing so is the best thing you can do right now to protect yourself and others. This can be challenging especially with children at home so we have produced a family activity pack with lots of fun and free things to do to help keep you and the kids busy. Everyone making a donation to the Resilience Fund will be sent a link to download the pack.
Other ways to help
There are lots of other ways you can help too. Here are a few ideas:
- start a Facebook fundraiser. These are easy to set up and can be done for anything from a birthday (you could ask people to donate the cost of the pint they won't be buying for you!) to a sporting challenge. Suggestions we have had include climbing the equivalent of Ben Nevis in staircases, holding a family danceathon or having a drastic haircut.
- Get sponsored to take part in the Local Landmarks Challenge - a solo virtual running challenge around your local landmarks. Walkers welcome too!
- Go on an inkjet cartridge hunt! Each used cartridge is worth £1 to us when sent off for recycling with Recycling4Charity.
- Have a clearout and sell some items on eBay. You can choose to support Kit Tarka Foundation when you do by donating a percentage of your sale proceeds.
- When online shopping, use easyfundraising.org.uk or smile.amazon.co.uk to make a donation to KTF every time you shop at no cost to you.